Training and Education
ALS Update Class Presentations (NEW!)
Check this page for handouts and presentation material from the CVEMSA ALS Update Class
EMS Agency Medical Director Dr. Mark Luoto shared this presentation on "just-in-time" stress manangement from the EMCrit website with students at the October 2018 class.
Educational Opportunities (NEW!)
Watch this section for information on upcoming events, symposiums and classes relevant for EMS System Providers and Partners!
Some upcoming training events:
CVEMSA Training Modules
- Presentation: Cardiac Arrest Management (CAM) Training
- Video: Cardiac Arrest Management 2015
- Template letter
Oxygen Administration in the Field
MCI Management Plan
Transport of Intravenous Heparin and Nitroglycerin
- Presentation: Transport of Intravenous Heparin and Nitroglycerin (pdf)
- Policy: 8102 Intravenous Infusions of Heparin & Nitroglycerin (pdf)
CVEMSA ALS Update (Required for Paramedic initial and ongoing Accreditation)
- ALS Update returned in August 2022 with mandatory submission of course completion with new and renewing accreditation applications beginning in November 2022.
- 2023 ALS Update Schedule No class in December 2023. See below for registration link.
- 2024 ALS Update Schedule. Class registration is managed by the Santa Rosa Junior College Public Safety Training Center. Please contact the PSTC directly to register.
EMS Training Organizations
- Critical Care Training Institute Offers ACLS, PALS
- Survival CPR & First Aid Offers ACLS, BLS, EMT Skills Verification
- Vive CPR Offers ACLS, BLS and NREMT Tutoring
- Bay Area Training Academy Offers NREMT testing, skills verification and intensive EMT training.
Coastal Valleys EMS Agency Approved EMS Continuing Education Providers
- Approved CE Providers Database
CVEMSA Authorized EMT and Paramedic Training Programs
These EMS Training Programs are approved by CVEMSA to offer the required courses to prepare individuals for certification as an EMT and/or licensure as a paramedic in California.
- Coast Life Support District
- Mendocino College EMT Program
- Mendocino College/College of the Siskiyous Paramedic Progam (at Mendocino College)
- Santa Rosa Junior College Public Safety Training Center
Online Training Websites Offering EMS CE Credit
The following selection of websites offer a variety of online EMS continuing education opportunities. These links are subject to change, and any questions about these opportunities should be directed to the training institution.